We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
3. Mix the egg whites with hard salt powder. Add the sugar (180 g) in two tranches and mix after each tranche until the sugar is completely dissolved, and the foam formed is dense and glossy.
4. Add the yolks and oil to the composition and mix until incorporated.
5. Mix the flour with the cocoa, and sift the mixture into the composition in two or three tranches. Gently wrap it with a spatula, in circular motions, from top to bottom.
6. Pour the composition into a rectangular tray (32 x 22 cm) lined with baking paper and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
7. Remove the tray from the oven and let it cool completely then cut the top in half horizontally.
Put the sliced apples in a double-bottomed saucepan. Add water, sugar and lemon juice, mix well, put a lid on top and leave the pot on the right heat for 10 minutes, or until soft.
Put the apples in a blender and pass them then leave the puree to cool.
CAREFUL! Prepare the cream when you have everything ready for assembly, and prepare it in two tranches (ie divide the ingredients in two and prepare the first tranche when you start assembling, spread it on the counter, wait a few minutes, prepare the jelly and put it on top, wait a few more minutes and then prepare the next tranche of the remaining ingredients).
1. Hydrate the gelatin in water for 10 minutes then dissolve it in a steam bath according to the instructions on the envelope.
2. Mix the liquid cream with the sugar until it increases in volume and becomes aerated. Add the apple puree and dissolved gelatin and mix until incorporated.
Hydrate the gelatin in water and prepare it according to the instructions, then incorporate it with a mixer in the apple puree.
Place the first slice of the top back in the tray in which you baked it (be sure to line it with cling film or baking paper), syrup it, add the apple cream (first part), spread it evenly, put it in the fridge for minumum 15-20 min. Prepare the apple jelly, then take the cake out of the fridge and pour the jelly on top and spread it all over the surface, put it back in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
Prepare the second tranche of apple cream, then take the tray of cake out of the fridge and pour the apple cream, spread it well and put the other slice on the top (don't forget to syrup it after you put it) and put it in the fridge. for a minimum of 5 hours.
After the creams have hardened, take the cake out of the fridge, portion it, and make the decoration by mixing the liquid cream with the sugar until it gains volume and becomes aerated. Put the whipped cream in a bowl and garnish each cake.
Note: You can add a little cinnamon to the apple puree. ;)